The Green Birds – 50 Top CSR and Sustainability Twitter Accounts to Follow
Twitter enables users worldwide to keep pace with all things green – and allows organizations to broadcast reliable, current global CSR and sustainability news. If you aren’t already, make sure you follow these top 50 ‘Green Birds’ for the latest CSR and sustainability news and information.
1. @Ethical_Corp: CSR, Sustainability and Anti-Corruption opinion, news and events. Liam Dowd & Toby Webb tweeting.
London, UK · http://www.ethicalcorp.com/?t=twitter
2. @3BLMedia: CSR is more than press releases. It is videos, blogs, and more. 3BL is the leading distributor of CSR & sustainability news and content across the social web.
Northampton, MA · http://3blmedia.com
3. @GuardianSustBiz: Guardian Sustainable Business: aggregated news and leading-edge views for corporate sustainability professionals.
4. @FastCoExist: Fast Company’s Co.Exist: World changing ideas and innovation. We talk about the environment, energy, tech, food, health, transportation, & more.
New York, NY · http://www.fastcoexist.com/
5. @BWCSRNews: CSR Circuit covers news concerning sustainability, green products/services, environment, philanthropy, diversity, business ethics, and other CSR related topics.
New York, NY · http://bizwire.pr/CSRCircuitNewsFeed
6. @TheCROA: The largest independent professional society for companies, academics, NGOs, & government. Turning responsibility, sustainability, & transparency into action.
Washington, DC · http://www.croassociation.org
Oakland, CA · http://www.GreenBiz.com
8. @Justmeans: Justmeans is the leading reporting, analytics, and communications platform for companies serious about social and environmental performance.
Everywhere · http://www.justmeans.com
9. @triplepundit: Business, Better. Triple Pundit is an innovative new-media company focusing on the Triple Bottom Line: People, Planet, Profit.
10. @YESMagazine: Award-winning, solution-oriented journalism covering peace, justice and sustainability innovations in the US and beyond. Independent, nonprofit media.
Seattle, WA · http://www.yesmagazine.org
New York, NY · http://huffingtonpost.com/green
12. @nytimesgreen: Green: A Blog About Energy and the Environment from The New York Times.
New York, NY · http://green.blogs.nytimes.com
13. @CSR_Leaders: CSR and Sustainable business development news and opinion. CSR Leaders – a venue for CSR leaders to network and share strong opinions. Powered by Orvella.
Israel · http://www.b-yond.biz/en
Greater Philadelphia, US · http://www.campbellsoupcompany.com/csr
17. @TaigaCompany: Julie Urlaub, Sustainability Consultant: Social Media Wiz for Green Biz.
Golden, Colorado · http://bit.ly/92e8oO
18. @JoConfino: Jo Confino is an executive editor of the Guardian, chairman and editorial director of Guardian Sustainable Business and advisor to Guardian Media Group.
Liverpool, UK · http://davidcoethica.wordpress.com
20. @JeffHollender: Speaker, author, activist for corporate responsibility, sustainability & social equity. Provokes business to think differently about role it plays in society.
Burlington, VT · http://www.jeffreyhollender.com
21. @WayneVisser: Writer, academic, social entrepreneur, and author of The Age of Responsibility: CSR 2.0 and the New DNA of Business.
Oakland, California · http://www.makower.com
San Francisco, California · http://blogs.forbes.com/toddwoody/
24. @Infrangilis_ltd: Philip Monaghan, CEO of Infrangilis. Author of How Local Resilience Creates Sustainable Societies (Feb 2012). Instigator of ‘Consumer Product Red List’ (Apr 2012).
London, UK · http://www.volans.com
New York City/Brooklyn · http://www.fenton.com/people/susan-spector-mcpherson
27. @RajThamotheram: Investing as if the Long Term Matters. Tweets about investment, sustainability, ESG, responsible investment, risk, preventable surprises, corpgov.
28. @JuanVillamayor: Consultant in Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility (CSR). Shared value + impact management, stakeholder inclusion: Business With Common Sense.
Barcelona · http://juanvillamayor.com
29. @fairsnape: Martin Brown, Built Environment Improvement advocate + consultant: Sustainability, CSR, Social Media, Collaboration, Bidding. Blogger, Guardian, CSRwire. Enjoys cycling, outdoors.
Forest of Bowland, Lancs, UK · http://www.fairsnape.wordpress.com
30. @FabianPattberg: Blogging and tweeting about topics of Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Social Media.
Germany · http://www.FabianPattberg.com
31. @AmanSinghCSR: Journalist, Blogger, Social Media Strategist, CSR & sustainable biz, diversity, HR, Founder: Singh Solutions.
New York · http://amansinghcsr.wordpress.com
Toronto, Canada · http://realizedworth.blogspot.com
San Francisco, CA · http://www.greenbiz.com
San Francisco · http://christinearena.com
35. @ADHumlen: Anneliza Humlen, Emotional Branding Alliance Pres./Co-Founder. Helping build humanized brands that connect emotionally to people, planet & purpose. Creator of SocialVoice Branding.
New York City · http://www.emotionalbrandingalliance.com
36. @company2keepinc: An online destination directory + interactive platform where responsible businesses engage stakeholders to advance sustainable best-practices.
Global · http://company2keep.com
37. @GRI_Secretariat: The Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) mission is to make sustainability reporting standard practice by providing guidance and support to organizations.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands · http://www.globalreporting.org
38. @CECPtweets: CECP, a CEO membership organization based in New York, helps Twitter followers to stay abreast of developments in the field of corporate giving.
New York, NY · http://www.CorporatePhilanthropy.org
39. @CSRint: CSR International, for CSR professionals, students & enthusiasts. Sign up for the free e-newsletter online.
London, UK · http://www.csrinternational.org
40. @CSE_network: Centre for Sustainability & Excellence (CSE) is a leading global sustainability (CSR) consulting, coaching, and training firm.
41. @NBSnet: Building a worldwide community of researchers and professionals interested in sustainability, while spurring innovation.
London, Ontario, Canada · http://www.nbs.net
42. @EthicalSource: Intertek’s Ethical Sourcing Forum: Sharing actionable insights and practical tools for improving supply chain social and environmental performance since 2000.
New York, NY · http://www.ethicalsourcingforum.com
43. @sapcsr: News from SAP AG about Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and other CSR-related topics.
Worldwide · http://www.sap.com/about/csr
44. @DoughtyCentre: The Doughty Centre for Corporate Responsibility at Cranfield School of Management promotes sustainability through research, teaching and influencing practice.
Cranfield, Beds, UK · http://www.doughtycentre.info
45. @globalcompact: UN Global Compact, the world’s largest voluntary corporate responsibility initiative.
New York, NY · http://www.unglobalcompact.org
46. @theSOAPgroup: We help companies, governments and organizations UNDERSTAND, IMPROVE, COMMUNICATE and OWN their impact in the world.
Portland, Maine · http://www.thesoapgroup.com
47. @ItsBBMG: Dedicated to creating sustainable brands that reach, engage and inspire the New, Sustainable Consumer.
Brooklyn & San Francisco · http://www.bbmg.com/
48. @braveoneagency: Brave One is a communications agency dedicated to helping companies face new global realities by embracing new, emerging media strategies.
Northampton, MA · http://braveoneagency.com
49. @changemakers: Follow us for the latest in innovation, social entrepreneurship and how you can make a difference. Why? Everyone Can Be a Changemaker.
Washington, D.C. · http://www.changemakers.com
50. @GlobalGiving: The world is full of problems. GlobalGiving is full of solutions. 10+ years, 1,000+ projects in 100+ countries in 140 characters.
Washington, D.C. · http://www.globalgiving.org
Have we missed any of your favorite Green Birds? Add some more follow-worthy accounts to the comment box below: